iPad Battery Care
Here are some general tips for ensuring your iPad battery stays in the best possible condition for as long as possible.
Update to the latest software
- This ensures that the battery management programs in the operating system and programs are using the batteries as efficiently as possible.
Avoid extreme room temperatures
- Storing and using the iPad in environments that are comfortable for us, are also good for the iPad. Excess heat (over 95 deg F) while using, storing, or charging the iPad can damage the battery. Very cold temperatures have no lasting effect on the battery.
Storing the iPads long term
2 factors affect the health of the battery when storing it long term:
- Environmental Temperature
- Percentage of charge – Do not fully charge or discharge the device when preparing it for storage. A 50% charge is the best percentage for storage.
Other tips for long term storage
- Turn it Off before storing it. Hold down the wake button on the top of the iPad until the power off slide option is shown to prevent the iPad from using battery power while it is being stored.
- Check on the iPads every 6 months. Update the software, charge to 50%, turn off.
An iPad in a deep discharge state can take at least 20 minutes of charging before it can be used
This information was summarized in-part from the apple site: http://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/